How can I prevent dry socket?
Here are a few simple steps that will reduce the symptoms of dry socket:
- Apply cold packs to the face over the extraction site to help decrease pain and swelling
- Take pain medications
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid sucking actions (drinking through straw)
- Avoid carbonated drinks
- Rinse gently with warm saltwater
- Brush teeth gently around the affected area
- Avoid touching or rubbing affected area
- Eat soft foods
Now you can kiss your overbite or underbite goodbye. Have an attractive smile that’s truly remarkable from an expert’s perspective. Call us in Wilbraham today at (413) 596-9657 or use our online Request an Appointment form. Our patients come to us from the Pioneer Valley (Hampden County, MA) towns of Hampden, Ludlow, Monson, Palmer, Springfield, Wilbraham and East Longmeadow, Massachusetts.