What causes bruxism?
The cause of bruxism has not been accurately established. However, the following factors have been associated with bruxism:
- Disturbed sleep patterns and other sleep disorders
- Consumption of caffeinated drinks and foods
- Response to pain in the mouth
- High levels of blood alcohol
- Drug use
- Medical disorders such as Huntington’s and Parkinson’s diseases
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Aggressive or competitive behavior
Now you can kiss your overbite or underbite goodbye. Have an attractive smile that’s truly remarkable from an expert’s perspective. Call us in Wilbraham today at (413) 596-9657 or use our online Request an Appointment form. Our patients come to us from the Pioneer Valley (Hampden County, MA) towns of Hampden, Ludlow, Monson, Palmer, Springfield, Wilbraham and East Longmeadow, Massachusetts.