How is bruxism diagnosed?

If you suspect you have bruxism, you should seek a consultation right away with your dentist. Your dentist will ask you your symptoms as well as check for obvious signs of bruxism. Dental X-rays may be necessary to help establish the extent of damage to the teeth. If no treatment is necessary at the time of consult, you may be ask to return for a follow-up checkup in order to see if your condition is progressive. The dental examination may detect other causes of the jaw or ear pain, such as temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders. Treatment for this will be different than treatment for bruxism. However, if your dentist suspects that your condition may be psychological or sleep-related, he/she may refer you to a therapist, counselor or sleep specialist.

Now you can kiss your overbite or underbite goodbye. Have an attractive smile that’s truly remarkable from an expert’s perspective. Call us in Wilbraham today at (413) 596-9657 or use our online Request an Appointment form. Our patients come to us from the Pioneer Valley (Hampden County, MA) towns of Hampden, Ludlow, Monson, Palmer, Springfield, Wilbraham and East Longmeadow, Massachusetts.