What signs indicate that a child may need braces?
Children who exhibit any of the following may need braces:
- Overbite: When the upper front teeth overlap too much with the lower front teeth
- Openbite: When the upper and lower front teeth don’t overlap at all
- Overjet: When the front teeth protrude; this condition is often referred to as bucked teeth
- Underbite: When the front teeth recede or sink in
- The center of the upper and lower teeth do not line up
- Spaces between teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Continuing finger- or thumb-sucking habits beyond 6 or 7 years old
- Difficulty in chewing
- Uneven or excessive wearing of teeth
- Shifting of the jaw to one side when biting
Now you can kiss your overbite or underbite goodbye. Have an attractive smile that’s truly remarkable from an expert’s perspective. Call us in Wilbraham today at (413) 596-9657 or use our online Request an Appointment form. Our patients come to us from the Pioneer Valley (Hampden County, MA) towns of Hampden, Ludlow, Monson, Palmer, Springfield, Wilbraham and East Longmeadow, Massachusetts.